There are a few simple things you can do to get your home holiday-ready. Here are five easy ideas to make this holiday season more special than stressful:
1. Tie jingle bells to your door — such a lovely noise to welcome guests.
2. Plant paperwhite bulbs. Sprouting bulbs always lift my spirits on grey winter days.
3. Mass together baby's breath for a simple snowy centrepiece.
4. There's nothing like old-fashioned cutout snowflakes hanging in a window to give any room some holiday magic.
5. Keep a stack of cosy throws and blankets at the ready for snuggling up.
See our Christmas & Holiday Guide for more decorating tips.
1a. Smitten in Cleveland blog
1b. Lissy Lou blog
2. Head Over Heels blog
3. Indulgy blog
4. Bugs and Fishes blog, photography by Lauren Howard
5. Le Marché St. George via Hearts Together blog, photography by Klee Larsen