Add new flooring and a statement backsplash.
Focus on the following kitchen upgrades:
- Buy new ready-to-assemble cabinets or upgrade some custom cabinets
- Invest in engineered stone or natural countertops
- Install a counter-depth fridge, slide-in range and/or integrated dishwasher drawers
- Relocate lighting or upgrade fixtures
- Install a statement backsplash
- Replace flooring
Research by Anna-Kaisa Walker. With files from Brian Gluckstein, Gluckstein Design; Tamara Robbins Griffith, Ikea Canada; Connie Braemer, Connie Braemer Design; Julie Charbonneau, De Poitiers; Shelley Penner, Penner & Associates Interior Design; Roman Cholasta, Interior Elements.