Another very hard day for me...and another trip to the Vet this am.
Mocha (our Choc. Lab) spent several days in the kennel last weekend while we were away and has come home not in great shape. I feel nothing but guilt wondering if she slipped or if something happened to her.
Last couple of days she's refusing to do the stairs and stays on the main floor.(our family room on 2nd floor and bedroom where we sleep on 3rd) She won't get up to greet us-very unusual for her.
She whimpers when she lays down or tries to stand.She's been on medication since last Fall for pain/arthritis which seemed to be working well. It's breaking my heart:cry:
How do you know when it might soon be time? I'm in denial and don't want to deal with it and DH says I have to accept it. Do I wait and be hopeful that once it warms up she might be better again?? Sorry...maybe I'm just 'venting' sort of speak. I just look at her and cry. I can't accept that just last week she was great and now struggling with every step.
Trying more meds we got today. I think Macsmom mentioned acupuncture before and I'm willing to try anything. I also don't want her to suffer...
Is pain management fair??
Any guidance out there from others that may have gone through this?