Look what I just found. I won't post a link for fear of it being taken as an ad since it comes from a Calgary designer who offers this service. It struck me as something that would be really fun. It's also the first time I have ever heard of this kind of thing. Way better than hanging around doing facials. I may have to call some people and see if we can do this and see what it's like
"[I]Bringing new meaning to “home” parties!
This is a great way to spend time with friends, and get fantastic decorating ideas at the same time. The ideal solution for those who enjoy doing their own decorating, but would like some advice and suggestions.
Gather a group to discuss decorating dreams! Have your guests bring their photos, clippings, ideas and inspirations.
Each guest will enjoy:
• Brainstorming to get the creative juices flowing.
• Advice on colour, styles, resources, and more.
• Plenty of inspiring books and magazines to browse for ideas.
• A personal-use questionnaire to determine budget, function, style, etc.
• A decorating plan template to keep decorating goals on track.
• A gift certificate for a personal one-hour in-home colour consultation.
As host/ess, you will be the “Feature Decorating Project”, as we take your chosen room through the decorating process. Learn where to save money and where to splurge to get the best results. Come away with a decorating plan you can put into action at your own pace, as your budget allows.
Ideal group size is between 3 – 7 people.
Cost is $15.00 per person, a fraction of the cost of hiring an interior designer!
Host/hostess’ registration is free for parties of 3 guests or more.
If you live in the Calgary area, and are interested in hosting a home party,...."[/I]