Call me crazy....but my DD's carpeted bedroom was a mess. I decided to rip the carpet out, and found leaded paint (2 layers) on the border of the room, linoleum pieces and tar and then a final coat of shellac around the edges. I didn't give up. I used a chemical paint remover and a heat gun (fully suited with a respirator), carefully discarding all remnants of the paint, then I was ready to sand. I rented a monster sander and did it!
The original floor boards are pine tongue and groove. After cleaning them off, I used SamaN Walnut Stain, then applied three layers of their Extreme top coat. I did it!:confetti:
So we moved her furniture back in, and not much floor is showing....ugggggg
|After The Carpet.JPG||41.61 KB|
|Finished Floor #1.JPG||33.54 KB|
|Finished Floor #3.JPG||36.95 KB|
|Caitlins new room 2.JPG||43.77 KB|
|Caitlins new room 3.JPG||42.81 KB|