I just received my quote from a potential landscape designer. Before I tell you what she quoted let me explain that my front yard is maybe 20' x 20' and I think that I am being generous. My house is south facing and I am not oposed to removing all the grass, incorporated into this I explained that eventually I would like to bing the front door forward so it is flush with the facade of the house and until that time I wouldn't be doing anything to the porch or stairs but keep in mind that I would like the stairs widened from colum to colum and maybe a flagstone in cement look. The driveway also needs to be extended to accomodate 4 cars comfortably.
I was quoted $ 975.00 + GST
Now I realize that she is a professional but I think that this is a little extreme. Don't you?
She listed in her scope of work that I will be presented woth a final garden concept for the front garden the enhances exisiting structures and a city tree( Japanese Silk Lilac) and complement the architecture of the house.
1. Reconfigure front stairs ans propose new surface material for stairs and landing
2. Create privacy and block view from neighbours to the south
3. Focus on structured planting with minimal maintence and all season interese
4. Incorporate pathway on either side of driveway to enhance main entrance and side access
5. Incorporate pathway on west side
Does anyone know of any reasonably priced landscape designers.
Is there a school I could call that I could pay a student so they can get real work experience?