Everything you need to know about House & Home's digital editions.
Thank you for your interest in the H&H Magazine iPad App, the H&H Magazine Zinio Digital Edition, and houseandhome.com’s Mobile App!
Visit our Go Digital page to learn about our digital magazine, get subscription information and more. Below, you’ll find answers to some common questions.
If you don't find the answer you're looking for, please email email@example.com.
- Where can I get H&H magazine’s Tablet Edition?
- I upgraded my iPad. How do I get my subscription back?
- Can I add a digital copy to my print subscription of H&H magazine?
- I can’t hear the audio/video content in the iPad App. What can I do?
- How does iTunes handle my subscriptions?
- I purchased a subscription on iPad but I can’t see any issues. What should I do?
- Who should I contact about a billing problem with my iPad App subscription?
- Can I enjoy content from the H&H Magazine iPad App on multiple iPads?
- Why aren't digital subscriptions free for print subscribers?
- The new print issue is on the newsstand — why isn't it on my Tablet yet?
- How can I give a gift subscription for the Tablet Edition?
- What are the digital editions offered on Zinio and NOOK?
- I’ve misplaced my Zinio password. How can I get a new one?
- What if I want to change my Zinio Digital Edition email notice preferences?
- How can I view my Zinio Digital Edition if I’m not connected to the Internet?
- Is there a combination print-and-Digital Edition subscription deal?
- Can I add a digital copy to my print subscription of H&H magazine?
Our Tablet Edition works on iPad and Android tablets to deliver issues of House & Home magazine that have been specially redesigned for tablets, with interactive touch and gesture-based reading, browsing and navigation. You can also enjoy issues in their original print layout by holding your tablet in landscape orientation. It’s a state-of-the-art digital magazine experience, and it recently won the National Magazine Awards’ Gold Medal for “Tablet Magazine of the Year”.
Our Digital Edition works on all major brand computers, tablets and smartphones. It shows issues in their original print layout and enhances them with smart and easy browsing and navigation tools.
Both the Tablet Edition and the Digital Edition feature all of the content from the latest issues of House & Home magazine, presented in beautiful colour and clarity.
For iPad and iPad Mini, download the H&H Magazine iPad App for free in iTunes or the iPad App Store. Once installed, you can browse issues and buy an annual or monthly subscription, or single issues of H&H Magazine. Issues from October 2011 onward are specially designed for tablet reading and contain fun interactive features.
On Google Play, use the Play Magazines app to browse issues and buy an annual or monthly subscription, or single issues of H&H Magazine. Issues are specially designed for tablet reading and contain fun interactive features.
If you have an iPad subscription, you can restore your prior purchases in the latest version of the app by tapping the GEAR ICON at the top right corner in your H&H Library. Then, tap the option to “Restore all purchases”. If you previously purchased single issues, they can be downloaded again at no cost by simply following the same steps described above, then tap the Download button next to the purchased issues that you would like to view.
We offer a subscription package that combines the print edition of H&H Magazine with a Digital Edition offered through the Zinio digital newsstand for $32.95.
The Digital Edition offered through Zinio is different from the Tablet Edition of H&H Magazine.
See “What is the difference between House & Home Magazine’s Tablet App and its Digital Edition?” to learn about how our Digital Edition is different from our Tablet Edition.
At this time, a print subscription cannot be combined with our Tablet Edition.
Exit the H&H Magazine iPad App and go into your iPad settings. Select "General" from the column on the left. Under "Use Side Switch to", select "Mute." Then, toggle the Side Switch at the top right side of your iPad, next to the volume buttons, so that it's in the "On" position (no orange showing on the switch). Now, select "Lock Rotation" under "Use Side Switch to" and go back to the app.
- Payment will be charged to iTunes Account at confirmation of purchase
- Subscription automatically renews unless auto-renew is turned off at least 24-hours before the end of the current period
- Account will be charged for renewal within 24-hours prior to the end of the current period, and identify the cost of the renewal
- Subscriptions may be managed by the user and auto-renewal may be turned off by going to the user's Account Settings after purchase
- No cancellation of the current subscription is allowed during active subscription period
- Any unused portion of a free trial period, if offered, will be forfeited when the user purchases a subscription to that publication.
As soon as you subscribe, you should receive the current issue. If H&H magazine does not appear as an icon on your iPad’s Newsstand App, we recommend that you tap the GEAR ICON at the top right corner in your H&H Library. Then, tap the option to “Restore all purchases”. If you previously purchased single issues, they can be downloaded again at no cost by simply following the same steps described above, then tap the Download button next to the purchased issues that you would like to view.
Contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you have further questions.
H&H Magazine iPad App subscriptions are managed through your account with iTunes/Apple, so Apple tracks the subscriptions and handles all billing enquiries and refunds directly. You can submit any iPad billing enquiries to Apple.com.
The only way to view issues on multiple iPads is to log in on both iPads using the same iTunes user (Apple ID) as the original purchaser. (If you've lost your iTunes password, go to http://iforgot.apple.com.) Apple does not permit transferring purchases between two different apple IDs. You can log in and out of the App store on your iPad with multiple users by going to system preferences on the iPad > store > logout.
We completely redesign every issue of H&H for our Tablet magazine and we create tablet-only features such as slideshows, interactive graphics and more. This requires substantial time and resources. Although not available at this time, we hope to introduce a value combination subscription offer for H&H print + Tablet App in the future.
Our small team completely redesigns every issue of H&H for our Tablet magazine and we create tablet-only features such as slideshows, interactive graphics and more. It takes extra time to create and deliver issues on iTunes and Google Play after our print magazine arrives on some Canadian newsstands. We hope you'll agree it's worth the wait!
Individuals have to buy their own subscriptions on iTunes using their own iTunes account/Apple ID, or through their own Google Play accounts. You can give someone an iTunes or Google Play gift card (available at some grocery and drug stores) and encourage them to download the magazine and buy a subscription.
Zinio and NOOK are leading digital newsstands that provide digital magazines in their original print layout.
Visit this Zinio page.
Log in to Zinio here and adjust as needed.
Once you download the Zinio Reader, you will be able to enjoy previously downloaded issues even if you’re offline.
Yes! Order our Value Combo, with 12 issues of our Zinio Digital Edition plus a one-year print subscription, for just $32.95. You’ll save up to 77%!
Unfortunately, subscriptions that combine print and Tablet Edition subscriptions are presently unavailable.
Please contact email@example.com, and for just 50 cents per issue, you can add H&H magazines Zinio Digital Edition to your current print subscription.
Note that we are not presently able to combine a print subscription with a subscription to H&H Magazine’s Tablet Edition on iPad or Google Play.