DIY Cookie Wreath
Sweeten the setting of a dinner party with a sugar-dusted wreath made from gingerbread stars.
- Order cookies from a bakery or bake them using a gingerbread house recipe (cookies need to be extra sturdy).
- Cut a round base 14" in diameter from craft cardboard, then an inner hole of 4 1⁄2" in diameter.
- Cover base in tinfoil, punch two holes in top and thread with a loop of florist’s wire.
- "Glue" cookies to the base with royal icing (recipe here). Place first layer around outer edge, overlapping cookies so foil is hidden. Let dry. Attach a second layer overlapping the first and hiding interior edge of base.
- When dry, dust with icing sugar.
- Wrap a satin ribbon around the top, and hang by wire loop.