Sweeten a dinner party with a sugar-dusted wreath made from gingerbread stars.
1. Order cookies from a bakery or bake them using a gingerbread house recipe (cookies need to be extra-sturdy). Try this recipe.
2. Cut a round base 14" in diameter from craft cardboard, then an inner hole 4-1/2" in diameter.
3. Cover the base in tinfoil, punch two holes in the top and thread with a loop of florist's wire.
4. "Glue" cookies to the base with royal icing. Place first layer around outer edge, overlapping cookies so the foil is hidden. Let dry. Attach a second layer overlapping the first to hide the interior edge of base.
5. When dry, dust with icing sugar.
6. Wrap a satin ribbon around the top, and hang by wire loop.