Plus sandwich ideas for afternoon tea.
4 oz. flour
4 oz. Monarch flour
1/2 oz. baking powder
1-1/2 oz. granulated sugar
4 oz. milk or butter milk
1-1/2 oz. melted butter
Step 1: Sieve flours and baking powder.
Step 2: Add sugar to dry ingredients.
Step 3: Combine milk, egg and melted butter and add to the dry ingredients. Mix lightly. Do not over mix the dough.
Step 4: Pin out the dough gently to the required sizes.
Step 5: Bake at 350°F for approximately 15-17 minutes.
Sandwiches For Afternoon Tea
- Smoked chicken and watercress. When buttering the bread, make it fun by chopping some fresh herbs into the butter!
- Canadian cheddar cheese and Roma tomato. Chopped egg and chive bound with a little mayonnaise, Dijon mustard, salt and pepper, topped with fresh mustard cress.
- Smoked salmon, red onion and a caper cream cheese on pumpernickel. You can use any rustic whole wheat or seven-grain bread.
Other Afternoon Tea Ideas
- Oka cheese, vegetable and fruit brochette.
- Fresh fruit and granola cocktail.
- Roof garden lemon balm ice tea.