Connect with H&H

108" or longer silk drapes

fillagirl's picture
fillagirl

Hi, I'm looking for gold or taupe silk drapes for my FR, need long drapes (108" or maybe even longer) 54" wide. I've looked on-line and it looks like JC Penney has some nice ones. However, before I order from there, I'm going to Calgary next weekend & Winnipeg in February and thought I might be able to pick some up there so I could see them in person. I was thinking of a plain goldish/taupish colour or perhaps one with a hint of pattern.

Anyone have any recommendations on where to get nice silk drapes either on-line or in Calgary or Winnipeg (I'm in Regina). Also, do you think pinch pleat would be too fussy for my FR? (see pic) I will be using a dark brown 1" rod & like the look of a rod & rings...

BTW, for those who followed my chair & window covering saga from before, I still haven't decided on a chair, have a cream slipper chair & ottoman in there right now that might do the trick. Once I get the FR drapes, I will get the eating area roman blinds done, as well as the kitchen (I've attached pics of my eating area & kitchen windows). I WILL get this done!!:):)

Thanks!
Fillagirl

AttachmentSize
decorDec2007 041.jpg72.34 KB
furniture placement & drapes 014.jpg29.65 KB
kitchen 004.jpg38.63 KB
kitchen 002.jpg34.57 KB

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.
mexdeb's picture
mexdeb

hi
i have high windows and i found nice ready mades at restoration hardware

Comment Guidelines

We welcome your feedback on Houseandhome.com. H&H reserves the right to remove any unsuitable personal remarks made about the bloggers, hosts, homeowners and/or guests we feature. Please keep your comments focused on decorating, design, cooking and other lifestyle topics. Adopt a tone you would be willing to use in person and do not make slanderous remarks or use denigrating language. If you see a comment that you believe violates any of the guidelines outlined above, please click “Alert a Moderator.” Thank you.

OK