Connect with H&H

1940's bathroom

Corrinne's picture
Corrinne

My house is a 1912 house. We've done all the major things like wiring etc. but we are burnt out and I could use some advice on our main bathroom, It's 1940's tub, toilet, and sink that is flesh (sort of peach) tone and we don't want to rip it all out. can anyone suggest what colours that would compliment these fixtures. I want to tile the bath area, new floors, and fresh paint. HELP!!!!!!

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.
Siparato's picture
Siparato

There are a couple ways you could go with this I think. You could really play up the 1940's feel and do some research on a truly retro bathroom. Or you could do something a bit more modern with peach as the accent tone. If you aren't afraid of a dark colour, You could try matching a chocolate brown and some beige to your bathroom (maybe chocolate brown walls with beige flooring) then do beige and peach towel.

Comment Guidelines

We welcome your feedback on Houseandhome.com. H&H reserves the right to remove any unsuitable personal remarks made about the bloggers, hosts, homeowners and/or guests we feature. Please keep your comments focused on decorating, design, cooking and other lifestyle topics. Adopt a tone you would be willing to use in person and do not make slanderous remarks or use denigrating language. If you see a comment that you believe violates any of the guidelines outlined above, please click “Alert a Moderator.” Thank you.

OK