Connect with H&H

1964 House Needs Major Help!!

kadida's picture
kadida

I am redecorating these two rooms (the livingroom and kitchen) starting from scratch, so any and all things are welcome. The floor would be left alone and the fireplace (unless i get a good idea). Does anyone have any suggestions?

I finally got pictures ;) thanks to my son's BEST FRIEND.

AttachmentSize
Mo Home 032.jpg55.84 KB
Mo Home 031.jpg53.91 KB

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.
kadida's picture
kadida

to answer blueberry, yes a very soft light green- like the color of the inside of a cucmber. i was thinking white for the trim and doors , but i suppose the fireplace would not look so great painted white? the floors are white also. then i have a chocolate brown leather couch and cream(2) chairsleather also, i dont know im getting so confussed!!!! i need to figure it out im going to start this project monday! thanks everyone kadida any more ideas i would love to hear them :)

kadida's picture
kadida

:) thanks for all the ideas, i guess ill get to work and start the demolition!!! evrything is coming out!!maybe for the closet door ill get 6 panel door .but would white paint be ok with the green walls and trim white too?then paint the brick cream on the fireplace? or different color. all of you are welcome to come and help me with the decorating you are all a great big help! thanks K :)

kadida's picture
kadida

no i will put in new cabinets maybe a lighter stained maple and the back splash will be removed too if i painted the fireplace which i love that idea what color should i paint it?

JMac11's picture
JMac11

Painting the brick of the fireplace would go a long way to giving the room a fresh and more modern look. It would also be a very inexpensive route. Having a boxed surround made to cover it would be another neat option, but a little more complex and pricey.

Here are some directions on how to paint a fireplace: [url]http://tlc.discovery.com/fansites/tradingspaces/project/project_08.html[/url]

Hope this helps.

kadida's picture
kadida

the house has only 7ft. ceilings. and so far i bought a chocolate brown couch was thinking maybe green the color of an inside of a cucumber for wall colors.so that is as far as i got and all colors ,cabinets appliences anything ideas welcome!!!!!!! thank you kadida :)

Comment Guidelines

We welcome your feedback on Houseandhome.com. H&H reserves the right to remove any unsuitable personal remarks made about the bloggers, hosts, homeowners and/or guests we feature. Please keep your comments focused on decorating, design, cooking and other lifestyle topics. Adopt a tone you would be willing to use in person and do not make slanderous remarks or use denigrating language. If you see a comment that you believe violates any of the guidelines outlined above, please click “Alert a Moderator.” Thank you.

OK