Most of you will recall how much I love and rave about my vet. Usually I can't say enough about him because he's just the best. Well over the summer we've had a few chats about Eb's dusty skin and my needing something I can give her daycare and training places who ask for up to date vaccinations when there is no way I am into yearly vaccinations (until such time as someone can convince me otherwise). Poor ol' Eb hasn't been able to go to her daycare since about May because of this and we totally missed the fall schedule for agility or other training.
Last time I saw him he said he hadn't been happy with the titer tests he had seen lately (didn't like the way the lab reported) and he also wasn't comfortable with some info I gave him about a thyroid expert/lab in Ca so I left it at that because to me we had been discussing this months longer than I had planned on. Meanwhile he gave me some thyroid meds (the dusty skin) which I gave Eb for a month and then decided no more until she had proper thyroid tests even though he said they wouldn't harm her and we could wait and see if she improved or not (his usual way of doing things and normally I have no problem with it but this one was bugging me for some reason).
Meanwhile I went for a consult at a holistic vet who did the titers (sent to Mich) and last week to another country vet who was doing a bunch of dogs' thyroid tests to send to the lab in Ca. So now I have my proof Eb doesn't need shots and a note to go with it. I also got the thyroid results and a full blood panel.
So to my dilemma.... the blood panel shows there may be a mild infection somewhere so I think I should take her in and see about that. It also says to give her thyroid meds, mild dose, exactly the identical same thing right down to the dose as he had told me to do. The problem is I can't figure out if I should do a sufficient amount of groveling or not.
He'll need to see those blood tests to see about the infection part so he's going to know I went elsewhere. He'll also see the thyroid test, from the place he wasn't comfortable with since it's on the same sheet of paper...and their recommendations re: meds..
So, how would you approach this? I can't decide if I should just be matter of fact (I asked you to do this, you didn't want to, so I went elsewhere) or suck up a bit just to make sure he doesn't feel I don't trust him (look what I spent $$$ on that tells me you were right anyway). What do you think? Any other ideas?
I don't think he'd really be put out, but I'd rather ensure I stay on his good side.