Blue Berry Pie Reciepes
BLue Berry Pie with Sour Cream
This down home blueberry pie is made with sour cream and fresh or frozen blueberries.
1 cup sour cream
2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
3/4 cup sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 egg, beaten
2 1/2 cups fresh or frozen blueberries
1 unbaked 9-inch pie shell
• 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
• 3 tablespoons soft butter or margarine
• 3 tablespoons chopped pecans
In a mixing bowl, beat together sour cream, 2 tablespoons of flour, sugar, vanilla, salt, and egg until smooth, about 4 to 5 minutes. Gently fold in blueberries. Pour into the pie crust and bake at 400° for 25 minutes.
Combine the 3 tablespoons of flour, margarine, and pecans, mixing well. Sprinkle pecan mixture over the top of the pie; return to oven and bake 10 minutes longer. Let cool. Chill before serving.
Serves 8 to 10.
PLEASE NOTE: I DON'T MAKE THE TOPPING JUST LEAVE IT IN FOR 35 MINUTES. ALSO MY GIRL FRIEND IS GOING TO CHANGE MY RECIEPE TO 1/2 CUP SUGAR AS SHE FINDS IT SWEET AND SHE USES FROZEN AND TAME BERRIES.
• 3 cups blueberries
• 3/4 cup water
• 1 tablespoon butter
• 1 cup sugar
• 3 tablespoons cornstarch
• dash of salt
• 1 teaspoon lemon juice
• 1 pie crust (9 inch)-baked
1. Bring 1 cup blueberries and water to a boil. Boil gently for 4 minutes; add butter. Stir in sugar, cornstarch, and salt. Cook slowly, stirring, until thick and clear. Remove from heat; add lemon juice. Pour mixture over the remaining 2 cups of blueberries; stir gently to combine. Pour into the baked pie shell. Serve chilled or at room temperature with a dollop of sweetened whipped cream THIS IS MY FAVOURITE, REAL BLUEBERRY PIE!!!