Connect with H&H

Cover for Terminal AC & Heating Unit

vmacleod's picture

We have a Terminal Air Conditioning & Heating Unit on the wall in our dining room. It is about 4' off the ground and is an eye sore (In my humble opinion). It looks like the units that are in hotel rooms.Is there a way to build a cover that still allows the unit to function successfully but looks more like a cabinet or armoire? I'm thinking something similar to the radiator covers that people can purchase to hide old radiators.I appreciate your time to answer my question.

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.
jmurray's picture

Hello vmacleod,A custom built-cover, similar to a radiator cover, should do the trick. As you can see from the image here ( there should be enough circulation to allow the heat and air condition to still work. They are available in many different materials and designs, so you should be able to find something to suit your style and needs.Hope this helps!JenniferWeb promotions editor

vmacleod's picture

That's all I can think of as well. But I'm not sure if the rad covers give sufficient air flow for these units....if anyone knows, I need help!

Comment Guidelines

We welcome your feedback on H&H reserves the right to remove any unsuitable personal remarks made about the bloggers, hosts, homeowners and/or guests we feature. Please keep your comments focused on decorating, design, cooking and other lifestyle topics. Adopt a tone you would be willing to use in person and do not make slanderous remarks or use denigrating language. If you see a comment that you believe violates any of the guidelines outlined above, please click “Flag as inappropriate.” Thank you.