Connect with H&H

Kitchen Cabinet Hinge Dilemma

llawrence's picture

Living in an older house is a massive headache. Every time I need to update something, I find that they don't make it anymore. Yet another headache . I need to buy new hinges for kitchen cabinets, but cannot find the type that I need. These attach to the door to the vertical outer edge of frame, I think its the part called the mullion. Standard hinges won't work because there is no way to attach them to the frame which is one big box with no internal panels to divide it into sections.Any suggestions for sources would be appreciated.

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.
ChalmersAbrams's picture

Little updates in house will enhance your comfort in house therefore, I suggest you to get this in your house rather than getting headache from old things.

spersaud's picture

What a great resource, Dawn. Thanks for sharing.

spersaud's picture

I agree with dustbunnydiva in that you should try contacting Lee Valley as they've got lots of hardware over on their site and might be able to help you out:

Perhaps if you posted a photo of your kitchen cabinet hardware (as it is currently), we might have a better idea?

dytecture's picture

Hello, are you talking about this kind of hinge in your kitchen? ImageImage

Comment Guidelines

We welcome your feedback on H&H reserves the right to remove any unsuitable personal remarks made about the bloggers, hosts, homeowners and/or guests we feature. Please keep your comments focused on decorating, design, cooking and other lifestyle topics. Adopt a tone you would be willing to use in person and do not make slanderous remarks or use denigrating language. If you see a comment that you believe violates any of the guidelines outlined above, please click “Flag as inappropriate.” Thank you.