Connect with H&H

Painting Wood 101

HHassist's picture
HHassist

I loved this item you did on H&H on painting wood 101. I agreed with every single piece she picked up. I would never paint Cherry, or Mahogany or Walnut but the lesser woods (the workhorses of woods as she referred to them), I would consider painting. I have a mahogany dining room suite. It's older - from the late 40's and I've been trying to find info on it. I did, at one time, consider painting it, but instead, we had the tweel seat covers replaced with genuine cow's leather, in a dark brown. I'm wondering, however, if H&H has ever done a show on how to trace things like older dining room suites, and if so can anyone remember an issue that may have covered this issue? My chairs are oddly designed and I'd love to get more info on them but haven't been able to trace the manufacturer.

AttachmentSize
dinrm1.jpg15.41 KB

Comment Guidelines

We welcome your feedback on Houseandhome.com. H&H reserves the right to remove any unsuitable personal remarks made about the bloggers, hosts, homeowners and/or guests we feature. Please keep your comments focused on decorating, design, cooking and other lifestyle topics. Adopt a tone you would be willing to use in person and do not make slanderous remarks or use denigrating language. If you see a comment that you believe violates any of the guidelines outlined above, please click “Flag as inappropriate.” Thank you.

OK