Connect with H&H

TJI floor joists

velocci's picture

hi there, i'm thinking of buying this new house that uses floor joists that look like TJI joists. the builder says they use "engineered floor joists". i asked what the name is of the type of floor joists they use and he said the name is "engineered floor joists" or something. so then i played dumb and said that i read something on the internet about TJI floor joists and he said "yes that's what we use". not sure if i should believe him. so my question is this. are there alot of different types of floor joits that look like TJI but aren't?
if a floor joist is shaped like the letter I and the vertical part looks like partical board, does it mean it is TJI?

Comment Guidelines

We welcome your feedback on H&H reserves the right to remove any unsuitable personal remarks made about the bloggers, hosts, homeowners and/or guests we feature. Please keep your comments focused on decorating, design, cooking and other lifestyle topics. Adopt a tone you would be willing to use in person and do not make slanderous remarks or use denigrating language. If you see a comment that you believe violates any of the guidelines outlined above, please click “Flag as inappropriate.” Thank you.