Photo Gallery: Trendy Tile Picks
Gorgeous options for your kitchen, bath & floors.
Building accent tiles into basic tiled backsplashes adds quirk to a white kitchen. Get the look of this kitchen by designer Sophie Burke with similar vintagey blue tiles.
Catalina terracotta tile. 5″ sq. $7 each. At Saltillo Imports.
The rich veining of travertine stone renders artwork unnecessary and offers an organic look.
Walnut Travertino tile (left). $18.50/sq.ft. At Mettro Source.
For their Pico collection of ceramic indoor-outdoor tiles, Paris design duo Ronan and Erwan Bouroullec embellish base colours of white, grey or sand with small textured dots (choose between sunken or raised), and a velvety matte finish. Opt for dots in red or blue for a warming or cooling effect.
This elegant take on Roman and Moorish patterns uses rich, earthy colours, from deep eggplant to golden ochre, on natural stone to dramatic effect.
StoneImpressions Altalena tile. In various sizes. 6″ x 6″ (shown). Approx. $40/tile. At retailers across Canada.
The latest drool-worthy kitchen tile from Walker Zanger distinguishes itself from the pack with its curvilinear silhouette.
6th Ave-Cocoon Mosaic tile in Pale Sky gloss. Ceramic. 10″ x 11″. $19/sq.ft. Through Walker Zanger.
Wallpaper can’t be used in the shower, but these tiles can be. The tone-on-tone dahlia design creates an unusual backdrop.
Dahlia floral damask porcelain tile in Blanco, Crema and Negro. 13″ x 40″. Mettro Source.
Give a wall a modern look with a 3-D porcelain tile. The 80.4 Collection comes in four sophisticated shades to match your decor.
80.4 porcelain tile in Blanco, Cemento, Gris and Negro. 32″ x 32″. Mettro Source.
Classic marble tiling in an old world pattern is a perenially elegant choice for flooring — but what makes this collection a cut above the rest is the range of ornate borders for defining different zones or creating contrast at the perimeter of a room.
Artistic Stone collection borders and caps in Ribbon, Safi, Rosette, Sakiori and Barrette. From $60/linear ft. Edgewater Studio.
Designer Sarah Richardson used this stunning pinwheel tile (pictured left) in a bathroom featured in our March 2012 issue. Variations in the Ming green add a subtle dose of colour. The soft Carrera and Thassos combination (on the right) works with a number of colour schemes.
Sunflower polished-marble tile. Saltillo Imports.
Try organic hues, tone-on-tone texture, contrasting grout, golden tones for a hint of glam, or a full wall of mosaics for drama.
- ASC Forest Grey. Porcelain. Saltillo Imports.
- Dechirer Ecru décor. Porcelain. Stone Tile International.
- Life Silk Arki. Porcelain. Ciot.
- Deluxe Mosaic Herringbone in Crema. Honed porcelain. Savoia.
- Ann Sacks Impressions Herringbone by Laura Kirar in Pastel. Ceramic. Empire Kitchen & Bath.
- 1″ x 3″ Thassos Hexagram. Honed marble. Antica Tile & Stone.
- Crest 302 in Grey/Butter/Black/Cream. Stoneware encaustic. Filmore Clark.
- Metal Hexagano. Porcelain. Ciot.
- Maize Glass Mosaic in Steel Grey. Antica Tile & Stone.
- Metal Inert. Porcelain. Ciot.
- Ann Sacks Michael S Smith Gilt in Rose Gold. Glass. Empire Kitchen & Bath.
- Ann Sacks Michael S Smith Gilt in Antique Gold. Glass. Empire Kitchen & Bath.
- Ann Sacks Michael S Smith Gilt in White Gold. Glass. Empire Kitchen & Bath.
- Twill White. Glazed ceramic. Olympia Tile & Stone.
- Mini Sunflower Moonstone/Thassos. Stone. Saltillo Imports.
- Sky Brick in Smoke. Porcelain. Ciot.
- Sky Brick in White. Porcelain. Ciot.
- Tibet Mosaic Bianco Swan. Polished marble. Ciot.
- Platinum Wave in Mauve. Porcelain. Savoia.
- Platinum Wave in Black. Porcelain. Savoia.
- Platinum Wave in White. Porcelain. Savoia.
- Lounge Series in Paris. Porcelain. Mettro Source.
It’s hard to tell that these sandstone tiles aren’t real wood — they’re an incredible replica, with some of the sections looking like end-cuts.
CedarStone tiles. From 3″ sq. to 9″ x 18″. $12 to $14/sq.ft. ErthCoverings.
Continuing the wood theme, these white porcelain tiles have a rough-hewn rusticity that’s perfect in a farmhouse bathroom. The texture adds to its authenticity (close-up on right).
PLI Distressed wood-look tile. 5¾” x 23½”. Approx. $11.50/sq.ft. Hastings Tile & Bath.