Turkey & Bacon Sandwich Recipe
Try out New York City chef Jean-Georges Vongerichten’s easy Turkey & Bacon Sandwich recipe for a quick and satisfying mid-day lunch treat.
- 1 large egg yolk
- 2 tsp Dijon mustard
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 cup grape seed or other neutral oil
- 2-1/2 tsp fresh lemon juice
- 2 oz. arugula, sliced (1-1/2 cups), plus 2 oz. whole arugula leaves (1-3/4 cups)
- 3/4 cup fresh basil leaves, sliced
- 1/3 cup finely chopped fresh chives
- 4 large ciabatta rolls, split
- 1 lb. sliced roasted turkey
- 8 slices good bacon, cooked until crisp
- 12 slices tomato (from about 3 tomatoes)
- 24 slices jarred pickled jalapeño
- Whisk together the yolk, mustard, and 1/4 tsp salt in a medium bowl until well blended. Continue whisking while adding the oil in a slow, steady stream to emulsify the mixture. Whisk in 2 tsp of the lemon juice until well blended.
- Stir in the sliced arugula, basil, chives, and remaining 1/2 tsp lemon juice. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Toast the ciabatta and spread a generous layer of the arugula mayonnaise on the cut sides. On the bottom of each roll, stack the turkey, whole arugula, bacon, tomato, and jalapeño. Cover with the roll tops, slice each sandwich in half, and serve immediately.