1) Try reloading the page in your browser
2) Clear your browser cache (to see how, click here)
3) Upgrade your browser to the latest version
4) Ensure you have a good internet connection and that houseandhome.com is not being hindered by firewalls or ad blocking software, etc.
5) Test using another browser. For example if you are using Internet Explorer, try Chrome or Firefox
If you are still having trouble, please contact us
Release Date: May 12, 2014
Featuring: Samantha Sacks
Channel: Home Tour
Follow a top-to-bottom home reno with designer Samantha Sacks — her room-by-room makeovers are filled with smart ideas to steal!
Before the reno, designer Samantha Sacks describes the Tudor-style house as being “decrepit and dilapidated”, but with a little work, she turns this outdated home into a modern, family-friendly abode! Samantha keeps the overall palette of the house simple – white walls complimented by hits of colour. In the kitchen, the natural wood from the table and cabinet doors add warmth to the space’s coolness. In the ensuite, the clean design of the vanity and bathtub are a nice compliment to the intricate, colourful marble mosaic on the floor. Despite adding her designer’s touch to the whole house, Samantha stays true to the uniqueness of the house by keeping the original staircase, fireplaces and wooden window trim in the dining room. By mixing these antiques touches with her modern, simple designs, the house keeps its character but is functional for the whole family.
Design, Sam Sacks, samsacksdesign.com; contractor, BonMark General Contracting, (416) 305-6535 or email@example.com; cabinetry, Michael Black, mcgablack@rogers. com; wall colour (throughout), Super White (PM-1), Benjamin Moore, 1-800-361-5898 or benjaminmoore.ca. Page 94: Living room: Sofa, RH Restoration Hardware, 1-800-910-9836 or rh.com; pendant light, Morba, (416) 364-5144 or morba.ca; artwork (over rad), Reza Kassai, rezakassai.com; drape fabric, Designer Fabrics, (416) 531-2810 or designerfabrics.ca; fig tree, Sheridan Nurseries, sheridannurseries.com; chair, Shelter, (416) 783-3333 or shelterfurniture.ca; basket, HomeSense, homesense.ca. Page 95: Living room étagère: Étagère, CB2, cb2.com; chair, RH Restoration Hardware, 1-800-910-9836 or rh.com; throw pillow, throw, West Elm, westelm.com; basket, HomeSense, homesense.ca. Page 96: Kitchen: Counters,
Rio Stone, 1-877-745-0169 or riostone.ca; appliances, KWA Appliances, (416) 651-0075 or kwaappliances.com; faucets, PMF Plumbing Supplies, pmfplumbing.com; stools, The Salvage Shop, (416) 469-2557 or salvage-shop.com; pantry doors, The Door Store, (416) 863-1590 or thedoorstore.ca. Page 97: Dining room: Lights, Lamp Cage, lampcage.com; table, Crate & Barrel, 1-888-657-4108 or crateandbarrel.ca; chairs, Design Republic, (416) 603-0007 or mydesignrepublic.com.
unroom: Chairs, floor lamp, Ikea, 1-866-866- IKEA or ikea.ca; throw, West Elm, westelm.com. Kitchen cabinet: Cabinetry, Michael Black, firstname.lastname@example.org; hardware, Lee Valley Tools, 1-800-267-8767 or leevalley.com; glasses, Ikea, 1-866-866-IKEA or ikea.ca. Page 98: Principal ensuite doorway: Louvered doors, The Door Store, (416) 863-1590 or thedoorstore.ca; tub, Caml-Tomlin, (519) 884-5290 or camltomlin.com. Ensuite vanity: Vanity, Toronto Vanity,
(416) 274-3244 or torontovanity.com; bookcase, Queen West Antique Centre, (416) 588-2212 or qwac.ca. Page 99: Principal bedroom: Bedding, Anthropologie, anthropologie.com; mirror, HomeSense, homesense.ca; pendant light, Lamp Cage, lampcage.com; rug, Ikea, 1-866-866-IKEA or ikea.ca; ram head, CB2, cb2.com. Page 100: Kids' bathroom: Towel, Anthropologie, anthropologie.com. Jessica's bedroom: Bedding, Ikea, 1-866-866-IKEA or ikea.ca; side table, throw, West Elm, westelm.com; rug, The Rug Company at Avenue Road, (416) 548-7788 or avenue-road.com; lamp, HomeSense, homesense.ca; headboard fabric, Designer Fabrics, (416) 531-2810 or designerfabrics.ca. Pages 100 and 101: Oliver's bedroom: Beds, bedding, Ikea, 1-866-866-IKEA or ikea.ca; throw, lamp, West Elm, westelm.com; roman blind fabric, Designer Fabrics, (416) 531- 2810 or designerfabrics.ca. Page 101: Get the Look: Goldie the Wall Hanging Ram, CB2, cb2.com; Lana chandelier by Currey & Company, Sescolite, (416) 651-6570 or sescolite.com; Caden Nailhead stool, Pottery Barn, potterybarn.ca; Hotchkiss Pier mirror, Decorium, (416) 736-6120 or decorium.com; Plateau Art Deco knobs, Lee Valley Tools, 1-800-267-8767 or leevalley.com; Nandini quilt, Au Lit Fine Linens, 1-800-363-6080 or aulitfinelinens.com; Textured bowls, West Elm, westelm.com; Shutter cabinet, RH Restoration Hardware, 1-800-910-9836 or rh.com.
DIRECTOR TV PRODUCTION & ONLINE VIDEO
Sheri Graham Delagran
DIRECTOR OF PHOTOGRAPHY
We welcome comments that are constructive and not of a personal nature.
Please be respectful of the people who have kindly allowed us into their homes for the benefit of us all.