2016 Kids Books Prize Pack Contest Rules
Official Contest Rules and Regulations
1. HOW TO ENTER: The Kids Books Prize Pack Contest with House & Home commences on August 22, 2016, and ends December 31, 2016, with entries submitted by 11:59 p.m. EST on December 31, 2016. To enter, go online to houseandhome.com/kidsbooks, completely fill out the contest entry form, including your daytime phone number, and click on the Submit button. One entry per individual per day.
2. CONTEST DRAW: One (1) winner will be selected from among all eligible entries received in a random draw conducted in Toronto, Ontario, at House & Home Media on January 4, 2017. Odds of winning depend on the total number of eligible entries received on or before the Contest Closing Date.
3. PRIZE: Total prize value of $236.88 CAD. The winner will receive one (1) kids books prize pack, valued at $236.88, sponsored by Penguin Random House Canada (the “Sponsor”). The kids books prize pack will include these twelve (12) books:
- Almost a Full Moon by Hawksley Workman; illustrated by Jensine Eckwall (Value: $21.99)
- Counting with Barefoot Critters by Teagan White (Value: $19.99)
- The Darkest Dark by Commander Chris Hadfield; illustrated by The Fan Brothers (Value: $22.99)
- If I Had a Gryphon by Vikki VanSickle; illustrated by Cale Atkinson (Value: $19.99)
- The Liszts by Kyo Maclear; illustrated by Júlia Sardà (Value: $21.99)
- Look Out for the Fitzgerald-Trouts by Esta Spalding; illustrated by Sydney Smith (Value: $19.99)
- Miss Moon: Wise Words from a Dog Governess by Janet Hill (Value: $21.99)
- Narwhal: Unicorn of the Sea by Ben Clanton (Value: $10.99)
- Ooko by Esmé Shapiro (Value: $19.99)
- Sea Change by Frank Viva (Value: $21.99)
- Solutions for Cold Feet and Other Little Problems by Carey Sookocheff (Value: $21.99)
- The Toad by Elise Gravel (Value: $12.99)
The Sponsor, at its option, may substitute any prize for equal or greater value. Winner agrees that the prize is being provided ‘as is,’ and House & Home Media makes no warranty, representation or guarantee regarding any prize, including but not limited to its quality, condition, merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose. Winner must look solely to the manufacturer(s) for any such warranties or guarantees.
Selected entrant will be notified by email or phone. If the selected entrant cannot be reached within seven (7) business days, incorrectly answers the skill-testing question, or fails to complete and return the required contest documents, he/she will forfeit the prize and an alternate entrant will be randomly selected. The selected entrant will be sent a declaration and release form by e-mail. In order to be declared a winner, the selected entrant must correctly answer the mathematical skill-testing question on the declaration and release form and the form must be signed and returned to House & Home Media, releasing House & Home Media and the Sponsor from any and all claims or causes of action arising out of the entrant’s participation in the Contest and receipt or use of any prize, confirming compliance with the contest rules, accepting the prize as awarded and consenting to the use of his or her name, without compensation, in any future publicity carried out by in connection with this contest. The winner’s name may be obtained by sending a self-addressed stamped envelope before January 4, 2017: House & Home Media Contests, 511 King Street West, Suite 120, Toronto, Ontario, M5V 2Z4.
4. ELIGIBILITY: Contest is open to all residents of Canada, excluding Quebec, who have reached the age of majority within their province of residence, excluding employees, families or affiliates (or those with whom they are domiciled) of House & Home Media and the Sponsor.