Designer Ideas From The Showhome
This year’s Princess Margaret Showhome has no shortage of design and decorating ideas for every part of your home. I’ve narrowed down eight of my favourites from Lynda Reeves and the design team:
1. Embrace the herringbone trend. Lay tiles in this classic pattern for eye-catching bathroom floors.
2. Consider wood-look tile floors in a basement. Practical and pretty.
3. Hang curtain rods high above window and door frames to make openings seem taller than they are.
4. Let stripes run horizontally on gathered curtains for the look of plaid.
5. Stain or paint the inside of a bookshelf or hutch with a dark hue, and display solid white tableware or objets against it. The contrast is stunning.
6. Use one accent colour throughout your home for continuity. The showhome features bold hits of Lynda’s favourite chartreuse.
7. Instead of ruffles or piping, opt for tailored slipcovers to show off furniture shaping and legs.
8. And lastly, wrap marble countertops up the wall to to create a shallow display shelf.
For those who want to see these details and more for themselves, come out to Oakville, Ont.! Last Saturday, Suzanne Dimma and designer Jenna Cadieux shared the latest in colour trends to showhome visitors. RSVP online to see Mark Challen and Maia Roffey as they discuss the dream kitchen tomorrow, Saturday, October 27th. Or, browse our photo gallery.