Fall Bounty Palette
Fall colours inspire the beautiful rooms I imagine myself curling up in on crisp October days. As we brace ourselves for the long winter, I always feel like the season is a special treat: the colourful food, warm spicy drinks and get-togethers make the transition into winter a little easier.
I’m drawn to beautiful spaces that mirror my favourite season. Nature inspires a lot of what we do and in this case, the colours we use to decorate our homes.
I love the regal pigment of plump purple figs — a bold choice for wainscoting.
Thanksgiving dinner would be complete in a gorgeous dining room with cranberry red walls.
The harvest is upon us. Dried corn turns a stunning burnt orange — a warm choice for fall walls.
A green statement wall would make white furniture pop.
The marriage of earthy browns and golden potatoes inspires a rich, Renaissance-painting palette.
How does nature inspire your decorating?
For more inspiring photos, visit our fall decorating gallery.
1. (Fig) Need Supply blog, and interior, Sarah Cain Design blog
2. (Cranberries) Cooking with My Kid blog, and interior, Real Simple magazine
3. (Corn) Nimicoco, and interior, Decor Pad
4. (Beans) Interior Thinking, and interior, Rikki Snyder
5. (Potatoes) Flickr, and interior, Design Lines Ltd.