Great Paint For Doors
The changing of seasons makes me think that I should spruce up my front door at home, and maybe take a chance on some colour. Have a look at the colourful painted details below — some pretty inspiration for a new season. Keep in mind if you want to paint outside, the temperature should be above 10°C for best results.
It’s never too early to start thinking of spring colours…
I love, love all the painted details here in turquoise. For a similar paint colour, try Beauti-Tone, July Days #1P1-6.
This blue works well with bricks and has a traditional feel. Try Para, Break for Blues #P1680-3.
The grey from the shingles and pale green door pictured above balance each other beautifully. For a similar door colour try Pale Powder #204 from Farrow & Ball.
The washed tangerine door and trim on this house is a lively way to play with painted details. The homeowners must have considered the landscape design and fall foliage. Try ICI Dulux in Dried Corn #YY3438 for a similar colour.
The cornflower blue on this door feels just right on this cottage-inspired home. Try Benjamin Moore’s #2067-50 Summer Blue for a similar look.
Not for the faint of heart, these purple shutters and door trim add bold colour to this house. (Try a small patch first if you have any colour concerns.) A similar colour is Sico’s Amadeus #6047-42.
Read more about Giving Your Home An Exterior Colour Facelift.
1. House of Turquoise blog, April 3, 2009
2. From Color At Home, photography by Meg and Steven Roberts (2008 Stewart, Tabori & Chang)
3. From Lavender & Lilies blog
4. From Color At Home, photography by Meg and Steven Roberts (2008 Stewart, Tabori & Chang)
5. From Color At Home, photography by Meg and Steven Roberts (2008 Stewart, Tabori & Chang)
6. From Color At Home, photography by Eric Laignel (2008 Stewart, Tabori & Chang)