Light vs. Dark Cabinets
It’s the debate in kitchens today — light versus dark cabinetry. I’m in the stages of designing our new kitchen. Right now we have dark wood shaker panelled cabinets. I definitely want a change but I’m struggling between white or dark grey (even black) cabinetry for the new kitchen. As you can imagine, the inspiration binder is exploding, but it’s crunch time and I really need to make a decision. I would love to hear your feedback! Comment below!
Here are some kitchens I love with light cabinetry:
And equally gorgeous kitchens with dark cabinetry:
Which do you prefer?
See our Kitchen Design & Decorating Guide for more reno inspiration.
1. House & Home October 2009 issue, photography by Donna Griffith
2. House & Home September 2011 issue, photography by Michael Graydon
3. House & Home October 2010, photography by Michael Graydon
4. House & Home February 2012, photography by Michael Graydon
5. Sköna Hem magazine via Solid Frog blog, photography by Daniela Witte
6. Plain English