The Real Teal
I used to daydream about a turquoise accent wall in my living room, but now I’ve decided to go with a bold, bright, very beachy teal for my bedroom instead. Now that my mind’s made up, the tricky part is choosing the right shade. Here are some photos I’ve been poring over for inspiration:
Completely unrelated to my bedroom, but I love this shade in a kitchen, too. Turquoise tiles? Why not?
So, which direction to take? Blue or green undertones? Aqua? Peacock? Here are some of the samples I’ve saved from Behr and CIL:
Thoughts and picks welcome! Factor in my white headboard and charcoal grey duvet, please!
For more beachy rooms, see our Seaside-Inspired Interiors photo gallery.
1. House & Home May 2010 issue, photography by John Cullen
2. House & Home September 2010 issue, photography by Kim Christie
3. House & Home April 2011 issue, photography by John Cullen
4. Tenth Street West Village Townhouse, Steven Gambrel
5. House & Home April 2011 issue, photography by John Cullen
6. Lonny January/February 2011 issue, photography by Patrick Cline
7. 490B, Behr
8. 500B, Behr