Weekly Roundup: Black & White Rooms
Lately I’ve forgotten about my love for rich jewel-tone walls and deep grasscloth wallpaper. Instead, I’m captivated by simple neutral interiors, curious furniture finds and striking artwork. (A phase? I’m not sure.) This week’s Best of the Web blog highlights a few black-and-white interiors that inspired me this week, and an intriguing line of furniture. There’s a bit of a floral kick at the end for those of you who need a bit more colour in your life — I haven’t forgotten about it completely!
1. Katherine Yaphe of Oliver Yaphe posts photos of Danish artist Tenka Gammelgaard’s contemporary home featured in Brazil’s Casa Vogue. I especially love the large calligraphy brushes in the studio area.
2. Danielle de Lange of The Style Files looks inside photographer and interior designer Benedikte Ugland’s industrial Swedish home.
3. Julie at Remodelista blogs about San Francisco-based designer Antonio Martins’ home. Loving the rustic desk turned bathroom vanity.
4. Michelle of Ten June guest blogs for Centsational Girl about the many ways to incorporate the oh-so-popular floral look in your home, whether you prefer modern Marimekko prints or painterly pieces.
5. Harry of Moco Loco shares the “Triplets” — whimsical furniture designs by Steffen Schellenberger. Tweaking chair proportions changes its purpose from a seat into a coatrack, storage, shelf, etc. Creative!
What inspired you this week?
1. Casa Vogue Brazil April 2012 issue, photography by Idha Lindhag, via Elle Sweden, Oliver Yaphe & Tant Johanna
2. Skona Hem, photography by Anna Kern, via The Style Files
3. California Home + Design, photography by Drew Kelly, via Remodelista
4. Layla Grace via Centsational Girl
5. Steffen Schellenberger via Moco Loco