Hauntingly Beautiful Halloween Cupcakes
Get gorgeous Halloween cupcake decorating ideas from Jenna Rae Cakes!
Winnipeg-based bakery Jenna Rae Cakes first caught our eye with their gorgeous Instagram feed. Co-owned by twin sisters Jenna Rae and Ashley Nicole, the shop is filled with uniquely beautiful cakes and elegant confections that look almost too beautiful to eat. We reached out to the talented duo for Halloween cupcake decorating tips and they did not disappoint! Read on for step-by-step instructions on how to replicate their boo-tiful hand-painted macarons and eatable sugar blossom designs.
- macarons (without toppings)
- AmeriColor soft gel paste food color in black and white
- fine-tipped paint brush
- Mix your paint by adding small drops of vodka to a few drops of gel paste food color until you get a smooth consistency.
- Paint Halloween-themed designs, like spider webs or scary faces, onto the surface of each macaron.
- Let designs dry for 5 minutes before placing on top of a frosted cupcake.
- Gum paste
- Pasta roller (or rolling pin)
- 1.5 in. blossom petal cutter
- Dresden cake tool* (optional)
- Veining cake tool* (optional)
- Egg carton
- AmeriColor soft gel paste food color in peach
- Small paintbrush
*Although optional, these specialty cake tools will help the blossoms look more realistic
- Roll out gum paste to level 3 on your pasta roller.
- Use the blossom cutter to cut out your pedal shapes.
- Thin out the petals with your dresden cake tool.
- Create petals veins with your veining tool.
- Form petals and rest the inside an empty egg carton to dry for 1 hour.
- Paint edges with peach-colored gel paste or any color of your choice.