Three Amazing Outdoor Spaces
Get inspired by these gorgeous backyards, then bring the look home.
- Go simple with succulents. Geometric concrete planter, vreem.etsy.com. (Plant not included.)
- White is right. White Basics rim soup bowl by Maxwell & Williams, Wayfair.
- Look for artisanal-style touches. Eucalyptus bench, Ikea.
- Stick with muted fabrics for napkins. Outdoor fabrics, Designer Fabrics.
TIP: Protect wood furniture outdoors with Sikkens Cetol SRD RE in Natural.
Showcase a traditional exterior with vintage pots, lush greenery and weathered wood. Plus, play up symmetry — flank doors and furniture with matching planters. Up the sophistication with stain, too. Go grey on decking and furniture using Sikkens ProLuxe Rubbol Solid in Fog Gray (520) or the darker Hazelnut (215).
- Think green paisley and chevrons for pillows. Outdoor fabrics, Designer Fabrics.
- Pair urns for old world charm. Campania International urn and greenery design, Water Arts.
- An off-black table complements a neutral scheme. La-Z-Boy Outdoors Blake Slat Top patio table, at retailers across Canada.
- This wrought-iron chair is cheeky yet classic. Chair, HomeSense.
Create a well-travelled outdoor lounge with layered tribal fabrics and mixed materials. Play with scale and combine stained concrete, metal and wood for texture. To add patina, brush on two or more shades of stain and sand for a worn look. Try Sikkens ProLuxe Rubbol Solid in Terra Cotta (246) and Chestnut Brown (201).
Whether you choose an opaque finish that accentuates wood texture or a translucent finish that highlights wood grain, invest in a high-quality brand such as Sikkens ProLuxe, which offers strong protection and rich colour in every finish. Sikkens ProLuxe works beautifully on decks, fences, outdoor furniture and more.
For colour ideas and staining tips, or to learn more about Sikkens ProLuxe finishes, visit perfectwoodstains.ca.