House & Home + Home Hardware 2016 Summer Contest — Official Contest Rules
- THE CONTEST AND ELIGIBILITY: The Contest is being conducted by House & Home Media (hereinafter referred to as the “Sponsor”). The Contest begins at 12:00:01 PM (ET) on Wednesday June 22, 2016 and closes at 11:59:59 PM (ET) on Tuesday, September 20, 2016 (hereafter referred to as the “Contest Period”). The Contest is open to legal residents of Canada (excluding residents of the Province of Quebec), who are over the age of majority in their province/territory of residence at the time of entry. Employees, representatives and agents (and any such person living in the same household as such persons, whether related or not) of the Sponsor, its affiliates, subsidiaries, parent or related companies, its advertising or promotional agencies (collectively, the “Contest Parties”) are not eligible to participate in this Contest.
- PRIZE: There is one (1) grand prize available to be won during the Contest Period consisting of a $500 Home Hardware Gift Card (the “Grand Prize”). By accepting the Grand Prize, the winner agrees to waive all recourse against the Releasees (defined below) if the applicable Grand Prize (or a component thereof) does not prove satisfactory, either in whole or in part. Please allow 4 to 6 weeks after being declared a winner in accordance with these Rules to receive your Grand Prize. The Grand Prize Gift Card is valid at all Home Hardware, Home Building Centre, Home Hardware Building Centre and Home Furniture stores across Canada. The Gift Card is subject to the following terms and conditions: (i) If lost, stolen or destroyed, card cannot be replaced without receipt (the letter from Home Hardware confirming the winner has won the Grand Prize); (ii) Gift Card cannot be redeemed for cash or applied to winner’s Home Credit Card or winner’s Home Hardware in-house credit account; and (iii) Gift Cards do not expire and have no service fees (“Terms”). Grand Prize may not be exactly as shown in Contest publicity or promotional materials. All incidental costs and expenses not specifically referred to shall be the responsibility of winner. Grand Prize is not transferable, assignable or convertible to cash (except as may be specifically permitted by Sponsor in its sole and absolute discretion) and must be accepted as awarded, with no substitutions of any kind, except by the Sponsor. Unclaimed Grand Prize will not be awarded. Grand Prize will only be awarded to the person whose verifiable full name and valid email address appears on the Entry Form.
- HOW TO ENTER: NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. You may enter the Contest by visiting https://houseandhome.com/2016summercontest (the “Website”), and completing the entry form (the “Entry Form”). Users must include their Full Name, Email Address, Address, and agree to the contest Rules and Regulations. Within the Contest Entry Form users will have an opportunity to earn a bonus contest entry by agreeing to receive emails from Home Hardware. This action is completely voluntary and is not required in order for contest entry to be valid.
Entries through any of the methods of entry are hereinafter collectively referred to as “Entry/Entries”. To be eligible, your Entry must be submitted and received within the Contest Period. All eligible Entries received during the Contest Period will be entered into the applicable random prize draw. ENTRIES WILL NOT BE JUDGED, BUT WILL BE DISQUALIFIED IF THEY DO NOT COMPLY WITH THESE RULES (AS DETERMINED BY SPONSOR IN ITS SOLE AND ABSOLUTE DISCRETION).
There is a limit of one (1) Entry per person/email address/Account, permitted per day (defined as 12:00:01 a.m. ET to 11:59:59 p.m. ET) during the Contest Period, when completing the contest entry form found on http://houseandhome.com/2016summercontest. For greater certainty, you can only use one (1) email address/Account to enter the Contest. If it is discovered that any person has attempted to: (i) obtain more than one (1) Entry per person/email address/Account, (as defined above) during the Contest Period; and/or (ii) use (or attempt to use) multiple names, identities and/or more than one (1) email address and/or one (1) Account to enter the Contest; then (in the sole and absolute discretion of the Sponsor) he/she may be disqualified from the Contest and all of his/her Entries are subject to disqualification by the Sponsor. Any Entry you attempt to submit will be rejected if (in the sole and absolute discretion of the Sponsor) the Entry Form is not fully completed with all required information and submitted and received during the Contest Period. Use (or attempted use) of multiple names, identities, email addresses and/or any automated, macro, script, robotic or other system(s) or program(s) to enter, obtain bonus entries or otherwise participate in or disrupt this Contest is prohibited and is grounds for disqualification by the Sponsor. The Releasees (defined below) are not responsible for late, lost, misdirected, delayed, incomplete or incompatible Entries (all of which are void). All Entries are subject to verification at any time. The Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole and absolute discretion, to require proof of identity and/or eligibility (in a form acceptable to the Sponsor – including, without limitation, government issued photo identification) to participate in this Contest. Failure to provide such proof to the satisfaction of the Sponsor in a timely manner may result in disqualification. The sole determinant of the time for the purposes of a valid Entry in this Contest will be the Contest server machine(s).
- RANDOM DRAW: On Wednesday September 28, 2016 (the “Grand Prize Draw Date”) at House & Home Media’s office at 511 King Street West, Suite 120 Toronto, Ontario at 2:00 p.m. (ET), one (1) eligible entrant will be selected by random draw from among all eligible Entries received to date during the Contest Period. The odds of winning depend on the number of eligible Entries received during the Contest Period.
- WINNER NOTIFICATION AND CONFIRMATION: The Sponsor or its designated representative will make a minimum of three (3) attempts to contact the eligible winner by email and/or telephone within five (5) business days of the applicable Grand Prize Draw Date. If a selected entrant cannot be contacted within five (5) business days of the applicable Grand Prize Draw Date, or if there is a return of any notification as undeliverable; then that selected entrant will be disqualified (and will forfeit the applicable Grand Prize) and the Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to randomly select an alternate eligible entrant from among the remaining eligible Entries received during the Contest Period by 11:59:59 p.m. ET on the Monday immediately following the end of the notice period following the Grand Prize Draw Date (in which case the foregoing provisions of this section will apply with respect to contacting the alternate eligible winner.)
In order to be declared the confirmed winner of the Grand Prize, the entrant must first: (a) correctly answer a mathematical skill-testing question without mechanical or other aid to be administered by mail, email or telephone; and (b) sign and return within seven (7) business days of notification the Sponsor’s declaration and release form, which (among other things): (i) confirms compliance with these Rules; (ii) acknowledges acceptance of the applicable Grand Prize as awarded; (iii) releases the Contest Parties and each of their respective agents, employees, directors, successors, and assigns (collectively, the “Releasees”) from any and all liability in connection with this Contest, the selected entrant’s participation therein and/or the awarding and use/misuse of the applicable Grand Prize or any portion thereof; and (iv) agrees to the publication, reproduction and/or other use of the selected entrant’s name, address, voice, statements about the Contest and/or photograph or other likeness without further notice or compensation, in any publicity or advertisement carried out by, or on behalf of, the Sponsor in any manner whatsoever, including print, broadcast or the internet. If a selected entrant: (a) fails to correctly answer the skill-testing question; (b) fails to return the properly executed Contest documents within the specified time; and/or (c) cannot accept the applicable Grand Prize as awarded for any reason, then he/she will be disqualified (and will forfeit the applicable Grand Prize) and the Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to randomly select an alternate eligible entrant from among the remaining eligible Entries received during the Contest Period promptly upon declaring the selected entrant disqualified. (in which case the foregoing provisions of this section shall apply to such new selected entrant).