Baked Wild Salmon With Lentils & KaleRecipe By: Sasha Seymour
This main course comes together in less than 20 minutes and uses just one dish.
- 6 7-oz. wild salmon fillets, skin on Salt and pepper, to taste
- 3 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 tbsp white wine
- 2 cloves garlic, peeled and crushed
- 3 anchovy fillets, finely chopped
- 1 tbsp Dijon mustard
- 1 tbsp red wine vinegar
- 3 lightly packed cups baby kale
- 2 cups cooked lentils, or 1 15-oz. can
- 1 lemon, cut into wedges, for serving
Directions Yield: Serves 6
- Place rack in middle of oven. Preheat broiler to high.
- With sharp knife, make 2 to 3 shallow slits through skin and into flesh of salmon. Season with salt and pepper.
- In 9″ x 13″ baking dish, stir oil, wine, garlic and anchovies. Place salmon in baking dish, skin side up. Broil 10 to 12 minutes until skin is crisp and flesh is just cooked through. Remove fillets and place on warm serving platter, reserving liquid in baking dish.
- Stir mustard and vinegar into liquid in baking dish. Add kale and lentils; stir gently. Broil 3 minutes. Season to taste, remove crushed garlic if desired, and serve with salmon and lemon wedges.