January 18, 2024
Dan Dan Noodles
“A preserved mustard green adds a deep umami funk and crunch that makes these noodles so addictive.” – Jing Gao
Yield: Serves 4
- In wok over high heat, warm oil until very hot. Add yibin suimi yacai and stir-fry for 1 minute, until fragrant.
- Add ground meat and both soy sauces. Cook for 5 to 6 minutes, until meat is brown but not dry. Remove from heat and set aside.
Make Sauce and Noodles, and Serve
- In small bowl, combine Sichuan Chili Crisp, both soy sauces, Ground Roasted Sichuan Pepper and scallions. Divide sauce evenly into four small bowls.
- In medium pot over high heat, bring water to a boil and cook noodles according to package instructions. Drain noodles in colander and rinse under cold water to stop them from cooking further.
- When ready to serve, divide noodles among four bowls with sauce and top with ground meat. Garnish with scallions and dash of Ground Roasted Sichuan Pepper.
The Book of Sichuan Chili Crisp by Jing Gao. ©2023 Jing Gao. Photography by Yudi Ela Echevarria and Robert Nilsson. Published by Penguin, an imprint of Penguin Canada, a division of Penguin Random House Canada Limited. Reproduced by arrangement with the Publisher. All rights reserved