Buckeye BallsRecipe By: Kristen Eppich
Keeping the ingredients cold is key to making these treats easy to roll. Chill the dough in the fridge longer if you find it’s still too sticky.
Watch our food editor Kristen Eppich make the cookies here!
Prep time: 30 minutes
Total time: 1 day, includes chilling time
- 3⁄4 cup natural peanut butter, stirred
- 1⁄4 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 3⁄4 tsp salt
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 1⁄2 cups icing sugar, plus more for dusting
- 3⁄4 cup chopped dark chocolate
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
Make And Chill Dough
- Mix peanut butter with butter, salt, vanilla and icing sugar in large bowl until smooth.
- Scrape mixture onto sheet of plastic wrap and cover. Press into disc and refrigerate until firm, 3 hours or overnight.
- Roll mixture into 1″-diam. balls, dusting hands with icing sugar to help prevent mixture from sticking.
- Transfer to parchment paper-lined plate and chill 1 hour or until firm.
- Melt chocolate with coconut oil in saucepan over low heat until smooth. Let cool slightly.
- Using a toothpick, pick up peanut butter ball and dip into melted chocolate, covering 2⁄3 of ball. Lift from chocolate and allow excess to run off. Place back on parchment paper. Smooth top of ball to cover toothpick hole. Repeat with remaining balls. Refrigerate until set, 1 hour. Keep chilled until ready to serve.