Easy Eats: Donna Hay’s Ham And Cheese Piadinas
Australian food editor and author Donna Hay shares a Ham and Cheese Piadinas recipe from her latest cookbook, The New Easy. Designed to simplify life in the kitchen, Donna’s new cookbook is packed with time-saving tips and simple recipes, like this easy sandwich that would make for a quick and satisfying dinner.
- 2 large Lebanese flatbreads
- 180 g stracchino cheese*, sliced
- 8 slices prosciutto
- extra virgin olive oil, for brushing
- ¼ cup small basil leaves
- Preheat oven to 200°C (400°F). Spread one half of each flatbread with the cheese and top with the prosciutto. Fold over the bread to enclose the filling, brush with oil and place on baking trays lined with non-stick baking paper.
- Top the flatbreads with a sheet of non-stick baking paper and weigh down with another baking tray to flatten. Bake for 15–20 minutes or until golden and crisp. Serve with the basil leaves.
*Stracchino: A rindless, tender Italian cow’s milk cheese that’s eaten young and fresh and is great for melting. If you can’t find stracchino cheese, substitute with mozzarella.