Fingerling Potato Salad with Bacon & Grainy Mustard
Sweet spuds, smoky lardons and a flurry of parsley are tossed in a thick, Dijon-spiked vinaigrette.
- 2 lb. small fingerling or mini potatoes
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 6 oz. thick-cut smoked bacon, sliced 1⁄4″ against grain
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 tbsp Dijon mustard
- 1 tbsp grainy mustard
- 2 tbsp red wine vinegar
- 1⁄4 cup vegetable oil
- 1⁄4 cup chopped flat-leaf parsley
Directions Yield: Serves 6-8
- Place potatoes in medium pot. Cover with cold water. Bring to boil over high heat. Add salt. Reduce heat to maintain vigorous simmer. Cook until tender, 12 minutes,
- Drain. Spread out on baking tray to cool. Cut in half lengthwise.
- Place bacon in large nonstick skillet over medium heat. Cook, stirring occasionally, until brown and crisp, 10 to 12 minutes. Transfer to paper towel-lined plate. Cool.
- In large mixing bowl, whisk garlic, mustards and vinegar. Slowly whisk in oil until thick and emulsified. Add potatoes, bacon and parsley to bowl. Season with salt and pepper. Mix thoroughly. Transfer to serving dish. Serve at room temperature.