Fresh Watermelon MojitosRecipe By: Eric Vellend
Cool your tongue this summer with icy watermelon mojitos. With its sweet and fresh watermelon flavor and cool mint aftertaste, you’ll be sure to have yourself the best Mexican-style mojito yet.
- 9 oz. silver tequila
- 3 tbsp agave syrup
- 36 large mint leaves
- 6 tbsp freshly squeezed lime juice
- 4 cups cubed seedless watermelon
- Ice and club soda
- Thin watermelon wedges and mint sprigs (for garnish)
- 6 12-oz. glasses
Agave syrup is a sweetener derived from the blue agave plant.
- Add 1 to 11⁄2 oz. tequila, 2 tsp agave syrup and 6 mint leaves to each glass. With the handle of a wooden spoon, muddle mixture for 20 seconds. Add 1 tbsp limejuice to each.
- In a blender, purée watermelon until smooth. Divide equally among glasses. Add ice, top with soda and lightly stir. Garnish with a watermelon wedge and mint sprig.