Mini Cheese BallsRecipe By: Eric Vellend
Roll these tangy spheres of chèvre in earthy poppy seeds, smoky chopped almonds or minced chives. (You could also try toasted sesame seeds, chopped pistachios or za’atar, the Middle Eastern spice blend.) Add a little sweetness with a drizzle of fresh honey.
- 1⁄4 cup blanched almonds
- 1⁄2 tsp smoked paprika
- Fine sea salt
- 1 300-g log fresh goat cheese, at room temperature
- 1⁄4 cup poppy seeds
- 1⁄2 cup finely chopped chives
- Sliced baguette or crackers, for serving
- Pulse almonds in a food processor until finely chopped. Place in small frying pan over medium heat. Cook, stirring often, until golden brown, 3 to 4 minutes. Remove from heat. Stir in paprika and salt. Transfer to plate to cool.
- Form goat cheese into 2 tsp-portion balls. Chill balls at least 1 hour.
- Place poppy seeds and chives on separate plates. Roll 1⁄3 of balls in almond mixture, 1⁄3 in poppy seeds and 1⁄3 in chives. Refrigerate in airtight container up to 1 day. Serve at room temperature with baguette or crackers.