November 4, 2014
Quinoa-Stuffed Mushroom Caps
Don’t use red quinoa for this recipe as it won’t absorb the flavors as well.
Yield: Makes 30
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Bring small pot of salted water to boil. Cook quinoa until tender, 12 minutes. Drain. Transfer to plate to cool.
- Remove stems from mushrooms. Place caps on parchment-lined baking tray. Finely chop stems.
- Heat butter in medium skillet over medium-high heat. Add onion and mushroom stems. Cook, stirring, until lightly brown and tender, 5 to 7 minutes. Add garlic and thyme. Cook 1 minute. Transfer to plate to cool.
- In bowl, combine quinoa, mushroom mixture, cheese, panko, parsley and egg. Mix thoroughly. Season with salt and pepper.
- Brush caps with oil; season with salt and pepper. Arrange on tray, gill side up. Bake on lower rack, 10 minutes. Remove from oven. When cool enough to handle, pour off any liquid in caps. (Save for stock.) Stuff caps with quinoa mixture. Bake until tender, 10 minutes. Garnish with grated cheese and chives.
House & Home December 2013
Tags: hors d'oeuvres Mushroom Recipe