Peruvian Chicken WingsRecipe By: Jennifer Low
These marinated Peruvian Chicken Wings don’t skimp on flavor, even though the sauce isn’t brushed on constantly during grilling.
- 4 cloves garlic, coarsely chopped
- 2 bay leaves, coarsely chopped (preferably fresh or crumbled dry)
- Juice of 1 lime (approx. 3 tbsp)
- 1/4 cup dry white wine (Sauvignon Blanc works well)
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tsp cumin
- 2 tsp paprika
- 1-1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp dried chili flakes (optional)
- 1 kg (2 lb.) chicken wings (wings and drummettes split)
- 10 sprigs fresh thyme
Directions Yield: Makes 1kg (4 Appetizer Servings)
- In large dish, mix all ingredients except chicken and thyme. Add chicken and thyme to dish, turning to coat with herb mixture. Chill at least 2 hours or overnight. Barbecue until golden, approx. 15 minutes.