Roasted Potatoes, Peppers & Onion With BasilRecipe By: Angela Marotta and Melissa Marotta-Paolicelli
Total Time: 1 1/4 hours
Prep Time: 25 minutes
If you’re making these vegetables without the lamb, simply roast at 400°F for 40 minutes.
- 1 1⁄2 lbs. Yukon Gold potatoes (about 3)
- 1 1⁄2 lbs. red and orange bell peppers (about 4 small)
- 1 large red onion, peeled
- 1⁄4 cup fresh coarsely chopped basil
- 1⁄4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- Salt and pepper
- Basil leaves, for garnish
Directions Yield: Serves 8
- Preheat oven to 450°F. Line large baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Cut potatoes into 3⁄4″-thick wedges, peppers into 1″- to 2″-wide strips and onion into 8 wedges through root.
- Lay all vegetables on baking sheet, keeping each vegetable together for easy turning. Drizzle olive oil over top, season well with salt and pepper, add chopped basil and toss to combine.
- Spread onion and potatoes out in single layer (peppers can overlap) and bake in lower third of oven (below lamb, if roasting) for 30 minutes. Reduce temperature to 350°F, stir vegetables, and continue roasting for 15 more minutes, or until tender and lightly browned. Remove from oven.
- Serve at room temperature or return baking sheet to oven for 10 minutes to warm vegetables before serving. Garnish with fresh basil leaves.