Roasted Rainbow Carrots With HarissaRecipe By: Eric Vellend
Harissa is a Moroccan chili paste sold in a tube and can be found at select supermarkets and Middle Eastern food stores.
- 2 large bunches rainbow carrots, unpeeled
- 5 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil, divided
- 1⁄2 tsp ground cumin
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 2 tsp harissa
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 1⁄4 cup chopped cilantro
Directions Yield: Serves 6 to 8
- Trim carrot greens leaving 1″. Scrub carrots and cut thicker ones in half lengthwise.
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Place carrots on large rimmed baking sheet. Toss with 3 tbsp oil, cumin, salt and pepper. Roast on bottom shelf, turning occasionally, until tender and lightly browned, 20 to 25 minutes.
- While carrots are roasting, whisk harissa, lemon juice and remaining 2 tbsp oil in small bowl until emulsified.
- Arrange carrots on serving platter. Drizzle with harissa dressing. Sprinkle with cilantro.