Shrimp ToastsRecipe By: Brandon Olsen
Brandon fries these sandwiches in clarified butter so the toast doesn’t burn while preserving the delicious flavor. To make clarified butter, you’ll need to bring melted butter to a simmer in a small pot to allow the water and milk solids to boil off, or you could buy ghee.
- 1 lb. shelled raw shrimp
- 2 large eggs
- 1⁄4 cup crème fraîche
- 2 tbsp chopped garlic
- 3 tbsp chopped parsley
- 1⁄4 cup chopped chives, plus more for garnish
- Salt and pepper
- 16 slices brioche, 1⁄4″ thick
- 1 cup clarified butter, or ghee
- In food processor, combine shrimp, eggs, crème fraîche and garlic. Pulse until mixture is puréed and well combined. Fold in parsley and chives, and season well with salt and pepper.
- Divide shrimp filling between 8 slices of brioche and spread evenly, right to edges. Top each with another slice of brioche to make 8 sandwiches.
- Heat nonstick pan over medium heat. Add 1⁄4 cup of clarified butter to pan and, when hot, place 1 to 2 sandwiches in pan at a time (they need space between them). Gently fry sandwiches on both sides for 5 minutes, or until golden brown. Repeat with remaining sandwiches.
- Allow to rest for 1 to 2 minutes, then cut off crusts and slice each sandwich into 2 triangles. Dip one side of each sandwich into chopped chives to garnish. Serve warm.