Steamed Greens With Chili Oil & Toasted GarlicRecipe By: Jamie Kennedy
Total Time: 30 minutes
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Steamed greens are transformed by a drizzle of homemade chili oil and an abundance of crisp, golden garlic chips.
- 2⁄3 cup extra-virgin olive oil, divided
- 1 tsp chili flakes
- 1 tsp sweet paprika
- 3 cloves garlic, thinly sliced
- 2 bunches Tuscan kale, spinach or other leafy cooking green, thick stems removed, well washed
- Flaky sea salt
Directions Yield: Serves 6
Make Chili Oil
- In small bowl, stir 1⁄3 cup of olive oil with chili flakes and paprika. Allow to sit at room temperature overnight, then strain mixture through coffee filter. Reserve oil.
- In small pot over medium-low heat, add remaining 1⁄3 cup of olive oil. Add garlic and gently fry, stirring from time to time, for 4 minutes, or until golden and crisp. Remove garlic from oil and reserve. Save oil for another use.
Cook Greens & Serve
- Set up steamer over high heat. When water is boiling, add greens, then cover and steam for about 5 minutes, or until tender.
- Divide greens evenly among 6 plates. Sprinkle each serving with toasted garlic, chili oil and flaky salt.