November 22, 2019
Toffee Pecan Dark Chocolate Shortbread
Prep Time: 30 minutes
Total Time: 80 minutes
This shortbread is very buttery and is baked in a mould. Roselle uses round silicone moulds that are about 6.5 cm wide and 1.5 cm deep. If you have a similar mould, you can make individual round shortbreads using lightly flattened 2.5 cm balls of dough (bake for 12 to 14 minutes). Otherwise, bake shortbread in one big pan and cut into small bars as suggested below.
Yield: Makes 48 cookies
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Lay pecans on baking sheet and bake for 10 to 12 minutes, or until well toasted. Let cool and coarsely chop.
- In bowl, sift flour, cornstarch and salt together. Reserve.
- In bowl of stand mixer with paddle attachment, beat butter and icing sugar together until smooth and creamy.
- Add flour mixture to butter and sugar, and mix until just combined. Add in toffee bits, chocolate and pecans until dough just comes together.
- Line 9” x 13″ baking pan with parchment paper. Scrape in shortbread dough and use back of spoon to pat into even layer. Bake for 45 minutes, or until top is evenly golden and shortbread is just baked through in middle. Let cool completely. Pull on parchment to remove bar from pan and place on cutting board. Cut into 48 pieces.