August 20, 2019
Tuscan Chicken Salad
Prep Time: 30 minutes
Total Time: 40 minutes
Pickled grapes are juicy, sweet and slightly savory all at once, giving this salad a special lift. Using boneless, skinless chicken thighs gives you more flavor and also more leeway on the barbecue, as they don’t dry out as easily as breasts.
Yield: Serves 4
Plan Ahead: Pickled grapes should be made at least 8 hours ahead of serving.
- Using sharp knife, cut off stem end of each grape to expose flesh inside. Pack into 1-litre canning jar.
- In small pot over medium-high heat, combine vinegars, water, sugar, spices and salt. Bring to a boil, stirring to help sugar dissolve.
- Turn heat to medium-low and simmer for 2 minutes. Pour hot liquid over grapes. Cover and refrigerate for 8 hours, or up to 2 weeks.
Season & Grill Chicken
- In bowl, combine oil, garlic, thyme, lemon zest, honey and chicken thighs, and season with salt and pepper.
- Heat grill to medium-high. Add chicken and grill for 5 to 6 minutes per side, or until chicken is lightly browned and cooked through. Remove from heat and let stand for 5 minutes before slicing.
- While chicken is cooking, in small jar or bowl, combine oil, lemon juice, vinegar and lemon zest, and shake or whisk to combine. Season with salt and pepper, to taste.
- In serving bowl, add arugula. Drizzle vinaigrette over top and toss. Add chicken, shaved Grana Padano and pickled grapes, and toss until just combined.