Winter Green Salad With Shaved RootsRecipe By: Eric Vellend
To get the garlic as fine as possible, grate it on a microplane zester (a.k.a. rasp), then mince with a chef’s knife.
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tbsp red wine vinegar
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 1/8 tsp minced garlic
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 5-oz. container baby kale
- 1 medium head radicchio (preferably Treviso), cut into 3″ pieces
- 2 large Belgian endives, leaves separated and halved
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced carrot rounds
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced celery root
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced radish, preferably watermelon
Directions Yield: Serves 8
- To make vinaigrette, whisk together oil, vinegar, lemon juice, garlic, salt and pepper.
- Place remaining ingredients in a large mixing bowl. Season with salt and pepper. Add some dressing. Toss to evenly coat.