Entryways & Mudrooms
April 24, 2015
Finding The Perfect Indoor Planter Pots
Flowers have always been a traditional and effective way to inject colour and life into a room, but having to replace them every week can be costly and time consuming. But don’t give up on bringing nature indoors — pick up a few potted plants!
Consider replacing your dining room or entryway flower arrangement with a flowering potted plant, or add some variety to your basic bookshelf or desk with small succulent plants. Requiring little to no maintenance, plants come in all sizes, shapes and colours — and planters do, too!
Here are some of our favourite picks for unique planters that make a statement:
1. Fridfull Planter, Ikea. Outfit this affordable planter with a plastic liner for a relaxed boho vibe.
2. Iris Planter and Chevron Stand, West Elm. Perfect for succulents or smaller plants, this pot comes outfitted with a stand and can be used both indoors and outdoors.
3. Concrete Pot with Saucer, CB2. At just 7″ high, this modern planter is perfect for a bookshelf or desk.
4. Pleated Planter, Umbra Shift. This handmade planter has a unique pleated detail that sets is apart, and comes with a self-watering wick for those without green thumbs.
5. Ferm Living Hexagon Pot, The Modern Shop. Made of solid brass in a matte finish, this hexagonal pot would add a contemporary hit to any table top.
6. Modernica Case Study Ceramic Bullet Planter, YLighting. A rounded charcoal or white pot for larger plants or arrangements, which is suitable for outdoors, too.
7. Carnivale Medium Aqua Planter, Crate & Barrel. Add colour to your space with this two-tone terracotta planter, available in aqua, yellow or red.
No need to wait for warmer temperatures to start digging in some dirt — get a head-start with some indoor plants this weekend! Happy spring!
House & Home March 2013 issue