I love a good apron sink in a kitchen. They once used to be a “specialty item” that you had to order, but now you can even find them at Ikea (of course).
I like the look of a sleek stainless steel apron sink paired with traditional cabinets, like in last year’s Princess Margaret Home Lottery showhouse (above).
I also like a traditional cast iron sink installed in a modern kitchen — it’s all about simple contrasts.
Apron sinks are a great way to break up an expansive countertop or add a focal point to a kitchen.
Kohler’s Alcott fireclay tile-in sink is available plain or in two beautiful patterns which look great in almost any style of kitchen.
For more kitchen inspiration, see Lynda Reeves’ Kitchen Renovation photo gallery.
1. House & Home October 2007 issue, photography by Michael Alberstat
2. House & Home April 2010 issue, photography by Michael Graydon
3. House & Home May 2009 issue, photography by Stacey Brandford
4. House & Home March 2010 issue, photography by Michael Graydon
5. Alcott tile-in sink (K-14571-T6), Kohler
6. House & Home Makeovers SIP 2008 issue, photography by Ted Yarwood
7. House & Home May 2007 issue, photography by Janis Nicolay